Petnica Science Center is organizing the Petnica International summer science camp for undergraduate university students and students who have completed secondary school.
PI seminar will be held from 2nd August to 15th August 2009 in the Petnica Science Center, Valjevo (Serbia). For more information, please visit http://pi.petnica.rs.
The aim of this program is to enable the young scientists to practice scientific research by working on their own research and communicate their results and ideas. Students will also have a chance to attend various theoretical lectures and laboratory exercises, learn how to use some important software packages and experience work in the field.
- Listening to interesting lectures on: scientific modeling, evolutionary biology, psychology of perception, graph theory with applications, cosmology…
- Working on multidisciplinary projects in: biochemistry, astrophysics, psycholinguistics, applied physics, linguistics.
Learning how to use various software packages like: LaTeX, R, Redshift.
- Sport activities, excursions and social events.
Interested students should complete the student application form, write a personal statement, and provide two letters of recommendation. The personal statement should list your interests and explain why you would like to attend PI 2009, as well as anything else you think is important for us to know. All registration materials should be submitted by e-mail to no later than May 15, 2009.
The program fee – including tuition, learning materials, accommodation, meals, admittance to the recreation center and field trips, is €500. There are no application fees. Also 30 percent of the total number of pupils will be funded by the organizers, and if you need financial support, do not hesitate and contact us.
Institutions that participate and support this project
- Faculty of Sciences in Novi Sad
- Faculties of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, Faculty of Mathematics, Faculty for Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Physics)
- Institute for Biological Researches “Siniša Stankovic”
- SEENET-MTP Network
UPDATE: Project Abstract