Date: 19–21 August 2011
Venue: Niš, Serbia
SEENET-MTP Network, in cooperation with UNESCO Venice Office, is planning to organize Seminar: Trends in Modern Physics for the elementary and high school teachers from Balkan countries and neighboring regions, which will be held from 19th – 21st August, 2011.
Venue: The regional Centre for Professional Development of Educators, Pariske komune nn, Nis, Serbia.
Organizers: SEENET-MTP Network-Office Nis Faculty of Science and Mathematics (FSM) Nis, Physical Society Nis in cooperation with UNESCO Venice Office, Astronomical Observatory Belgrade – Project BELISSIMA and Faculty of Physics, University of Craiova
Goran Djordjevic, Department of Physics FSM, Nis, email@example.com
Ljubisa Nesic, Department of Physics FSM, Nis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Slavoljub Mitic, Elementary School “Bubanjski heroji” Nis, email@example.com
Topics to be covered:
- Lectures – Current issues of physics education, plans, programs and textbooks, additional and supplementary education, contest in physics, development of physics, astrophysics, great physicist, physics and modern society
- Sections – laboratory exercises, simple demonstration experiments and computer applications (multimedia)
- Round table – trends in the reform of teaching physics in the Balkan region and Europe
- Exhibition – textbooks and teaching aids (possible)
- Video conference with CERN
- Astronomical observations (if the weather conditions permit it)
Seminar fee: The fee per participant is 60 EUR (50 EUR for the SEENET-MTP members).
Each participant will be provided with conference material, copy of material sent from Perimeter Institute (Mystery of Dark Matter, The Challenge of Quantum Reality, GPS – Everyday Einstein), 3 coffee breaks and dinner at mountain Vidojevica.
Information and registration
Details of bank accounts are given here (EUR). Exceptionally, the payment can be made at the beginning of the conference during the registration with the details provided at the registration desk.